Does your iPhone 3g have cracks!!?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mohicanspap, Aug 7, 2008.

1. mohicanspap macrumors regular

I have notice that on almost every iPhone 3g there is this one crack that is inevitable. I am talking about the crack on the plastic between the metal lining and the headphone jack. You may not notice it but it's probably there. I really feel that Apple has not done their best to avoid this. I know that the only reason they have gone plastic is for the 3g speed. I think they need to find a way to bring back the metal casing. I don't want to pay $300 for a device that is bound to crack. Also I always thought that Apple was going green and was to eliminate most plastic in their products. So much for that since they are now making 800,000 iPhones a week. I would like what you fellow iPhone 3g owners think about this problem.

-Mohicanspap

iPhone 3g, 16g, jailbroken

2. yorkslad macrumors regular

Have had mine just under 4 weeks and its developed a crack on the docking connector. Taking it back to O2 or apple store to complain and get it exchanged. Apple really need to bring back the Aluminium cases :rolleyes:

3. nlivo macrumors 6502a

4. kajitox macrumors 6502a

kajitox

Do a search and I'm sure you'll find limitless posts about the same concern. Take it to the Apple store and see if they will address it.

5. FSUSem1noles macrumors 68000

FSUSem1noles

Nope, no crack.. then again, I don't use my phone as a media player and I use the new jawbone bluetooth so I've yet to even use the headphone jack..

6. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Nope, No cracks on my 3G white or my two 3G black. I've still got the original plastic on the front and back of my white iPhone. Awaiting my BSE installation b/c there may be a software glitch...:eek:

7. Ntombi macrumors 68040

Ntombi

Here's the same answer I've given in the numerous other threads on this subject.

No cracks on my white 16GB.

8. 645ci macrumors member

exuse me /

USE A GODDAMN SEARCH BUTTON, THINK NEXT TIME! :mad:

/

No i don't - black 8gb

9. cpljwlusmc macrumors regular

My iPhone is 2 days old. No cracks or anything, it's a black 16GB.

10. WannaApple? macrumors 6502a

11. droeun macrumors member

I think I see one near my headphone jack between the silver bezel. This is my new one I got yesterday, my charger is hard to plug in so hopefully that doesn't develop any cracks. Kind of hard to see since it's black.