Does your iphone 3g keep turning itself off?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ag227, Aug 7, 2008.

1. ag227 macrumors regular

Every now and then mine turns itself off at random times after i have told it to sleep.

for instance today i decided to turn 3g on in town as i can get it there, after i pressed the sleep/wake button to make it sleep it wouldn't react about 30 seconds later, as in pressing the home button does nothing, pressing the sleep/wake button does nothing as does holding it, to get it to turn on again i have to hold the sleep/wake button and the home button untill the apple logo comes up.

It has also happened afew times when i have just sent a text and am expecting one back so check my phone as it hasnt come through and i find that its turned off.

It has happened at random times also, just when putting it to sleep.

It has happened with both 2.0 and the 2.0.1 firmware.

I have tried restoring it once when i had the 2.0 firmware but it did it again afterwards, and obviously it was restored to the 2.0.1 firmware.

Also i thought that the 2.0.1 firmware was ment to fix the slow responding keyboard for SMS? mine has apart from when i try to send a message to someone that isnt already on the list of messages, then it is as slow as anything.

What do you think i should do?
    Is it likely a software problem that can be updated? or is it more likely a problem with the iphone so thbey would exchange it for a new one?

Thanks
    (sorry if this has been posted before, i couldnt find it when i looked or searched)

2. Ntombi macrumors 68030

Ntombi

No, that's never happened to me, and I think you should take it to an Apple Store, if possible. Try to document how many times it's happened,especially since that's not a problem that will be easy to duplicate on command. Good luck!

3. bbotte macrumors 65816

bbotte

4. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

5. ninethirty macrumors 6502a

This had happened a few times for me and I went to see Apple yesterday and they just gave me a new phone immediately. They explained that it's most definitely a hardware default.

6. voodoop macrumors newbie

I have the same problem .
    It seems that the power button is always pushed but it's not like that .
    I removed the flex that contains the power button and it does the same .
    It's something on the board but I cannot find what :( .

7. AruMobile macrumors newbie

For a while after i cleaned the #5 connections, the problem was solved but the phone died when sleeping then i solved that by using Insomnia
    but now the original problem is back ! damn!!

8. Block macrumors 6502a

Block