Does Your iPhone 3G Randomly restart when you open and app?!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by thisisarcadia, Aug 2, 2008.

1. thisisarcadia macrumors 6502

i am having problems with my iPhone 3G. Sometimes when i sync or download an app for my iphone it starts acting up. For instance i will click on an app and it will restart itself. Or i will click on an app and it will some what load and then close and go back to the home page! Does anyone else's do that? And another thing i have a crack on my white iPhone. Do you think if enough people say something there will be a recall?!

2. nikhsub1 macrumors 68000

nikhsub1

I'll say it again. Welcome to 2.0 the buggiest iphone firmware release to date. You are not alone or special. We just need to wait for an update.

3. davidlw macrumors 6502a

4. Auzburner macrumors 65816

Auzburner

It SUCKS!

Yes, Join The Club! Crashing, Lag, and all around craziness. My iPhone today decided it did not like certain Apps and will not under any circumstances display them on the home screen. Also iTunes decides that for the past few days that EVERY SINGLE App (About 50) that I have downloaded needs an update and I have to download every single one all over again even though in iTunes it shows all Apps with the current software versions. My list is growing at an accelerating pace...:eek:

5. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

I just turned mine off then turned it on and all was well!:)

6. Hawkeye411 macrumors 68000

Hawkeye411

Mine does the same thing. However ... I don't think it's a bug .... it's a feature! No wait ... that was Windows ;)

I hope 2.1 comes out real soon!

7. docal97 macrumors 6502a

docal97

Love the phone, really just an incredible piece of technology. But Apple must be thoroughly embarrassed with the quality of the software that they released with this phone at launch. I know most of the Apple employee's take great pride in their work and love the products, so just imagine how the programers must feel about the firmware that was released that they probably knew was no where near ready.

8. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

Yes but it has not recently. When the App Store first opened, I must have had it happen 2-3 times a week

Now, it rarely occurs

Not sure why as I still am downloading apps daily

9. hexonxonx macrumors 601

Never. I have two iPhones, an original upgraded to 2.0 and my white 3G. I have never had the iPhone restart once, never had to reformat. They have been absolutely perfect! I love 2.0!

10. needthephone macrumors 6502a

Yes mine does that too and too often.

However, I can forgive apple as I love my iphone, its an amazing piece of technology and easily fixeable via itunes upgrade soon-hopefully!!

Don't believe a lot of the Urban Myths being started on these very boards. How come no other forum Iv'e seen has anything about cracked cases and people getting burnt? Well I have seen a thread on cracked cases but it references macrumors.

If 1 in 4 cases were cracked this would be on the front of every newspaper. I know around 10 people with iphone 3g's (whites and blacks) and NONE of them are cracked.

If you were a competitor you would start a rumour of this kind. I have only seen the same photo. I say no photos and its not true.

11. SFC Archer macrumors 68000

SFC Archer

Original iPhone

It is definitely the software as the same thing happens with my original iPhone and 2.0. Strangely it only reboots if I have updated an App and try to use it the first time. Being sent to homepage also only happens with certain apps. Me thinks it is not just the 2.0 software but some of the Dev's have problems with developing...look at most of the App update comments...stabilized this, corrected that...most in regards to the home screen/crash problem.

Just my opinion.

12. daflake macrumors 6502a

I have to agree with needthephone. Most of the cosmetic issues are not there that I can see. I know a few people with the new phone and none have the cracked case, leaking light or buring sensation in their pants (other than the loss of cash from their wallets).

The lag is very real and stability with 3rd party aps is also real but I think that a lot of this will be alleviated with future updates. As for reboot? Yes, mine has done this several times and I have removed many of the apps that caused it. After that, mine has been stable and I'm loving every min of it. :D

13. lokiju macrumors 6502

I've had this happen a few times now.

One time I was on the phone but tried to open up fafari and it just reset the phone.

Today I was listening to music on the way to work and at a stop light I tried to open Loopt and it happened again.

14. macfan406 macrumors 6502

Sorry, It's True :(

Sorry Man, I don't wanna believe it, but it's happened. My White 3G is officially cracking. If yours didn't then congrats! You're one of the lucky few!

My 3G Below...

And yes my 3G crashed in 2.0 days, but we're all in 2.2.1 and awaiting 3.0!!!

Attached Files:

15. Mr. Giver '94 macrumors 68000

Mr. Giver '94

Can they just go back to 1.1.4 Everything they've released since 2.0 runs like crap, and when you couple that with the SUPER slow new iTunes you've got yourself a headache.:(