Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Does your iPhone's backplate click?

• Yes, but I don't care.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, and it aggravates me!

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • No.

Votes: 28 71.8%
  • I don't know.

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • I don't care.

Votes: 2 5.1%

• Total voters

AppleBoyFreak

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 20, 2011
Kentucky
Back Ground Story I am currently on my second iPhone 4, and like the first, the back plate is clicking. I didn't tamper with the screws, but honestly it gets on my last nerve! I could buy a new back plate and pentelobe screw, but I need that money for my iPhone 5. I could get it replaced, but I have iOS 5 downloaded and I rather not loose all the features. I'll just live with it.

Question For Poll Anyways, does your iPhone 4's backplate click when you press on it?

AppleBoyFreak

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 20, 2011
Kentucky
(S)he just said that (s)he is looking into a pentalobular screwdriver.
It's a he. I think I need to update my non-existent signature. :D

Have you tried tightening the screw that's loose?
I'm about to buy the screw now. Was going to get it from iResQ, but then learned I could get it way cheaper from iFixit.
So, the OP has a screw loose. :) Sorry, couldn’t resist.
LMFAO! I'm usually the king of jokes, but wasn't expecting this at all. Good job sir! +1

calvy

macrumors 65816
Sep 17, 2007
My current white iPhone 4 does not click but every black one i ever owned eventually started clicking. Annoyed the crap out of me and my local genius wouldn't do anything but pop the plate off and tighten it. Which did nothing to solve the problem.

In my opinion it's just the case flexing and they will all likely do this eventually. Some will notice and some won't.

Dandrews524

macrumors 6502
Jan 30, 2009
New York
youre going to get a new iphone in a few months, just forget about the noise and take satisfaction in knowing that you will have a new iphone coming

jap1198

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2009
Dallas, TX
Mine just started doing this about a week ago and it's driving me nuts.

I'm glad that the Geniuses will tighten the screws for you.

puggles

macrumors 6502
Jun 9, 2010
Mine was but i brought it to the apple store and they tightened the screws

JetBlack7

macrumors 68030
May 14, 2011
Portugal
Is Apple really making some mistakes in producing iPhones? Or are some people here that use the phone to look for flaws instead of using ir normally?

Alaerian

Jan 6, 2005
A barstool, Innis & Gunn in hand
Is Apple really making some mistakes in producing iPhones? Or are some people here that use the phone to look for flaws instead of using ir normally?
No, people on this forums are OBSESSIVELY neurotic and the stupidest thing will set them into a rage, plummeting them into an Apple store demanding 17 boxes be opened until they find a new iPhone that is perfect in their eyes, all the while using their "terrible" iPhone to post threads chock full of bitching and complaining on these forums.

However, this sounds legitimate, especially if it's an easy fix.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.