Does your iPhone 4S heat up when using Hipstamatic?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by rocknblogger, Dec 2, 2011.

1. rocknblogger macrumors 68020

rocknblogger

Title says it all. The right side of my 4S gets very warm, almost hot, when using Hipstamatic. Has anyone come across this?

2. tomhilton macrumors newbie

I have this exact same problem! My 4S only ever gets slightly warm when charging (pretty much did that with every iPhone I've had) but my 4S does this exact same thing with Hipstamatic... Weird.

3. LaZyFLiP macrumors regular

I've noted this too but it also happens with other camera apps I use such as Camera+ & Photogene. I've brushed it off and considered it "normal".

4. rocknblogger thread starter macrumors 68020

rocknblogger

Maybe it is normal but if mine does heat up using other camera apps I don't notice it. With Hipstamatic it gets so hot that it's impossible not to notice.

5. tomhilton macrumors newbie

Mine will continue to get hot unless I quit the application. To be fair most electrical devices create heat when using a lot of power.... I just try to use hipstermatic as quick as possible and close it down before it begins to heat. I had a similar problem with an app before took it to the apple store and their response was along the lines of unless it's an apple app causing the problem then the app is responsible not the handset..

6. sweet-jane macrumors newbie

Same here

Just wanted to chime in... I've been noticing the exact same behavior with my 4S and Hipstamatic since the day I got the new phone. I never saw anything like that with my 3GS, and I was using Hipstamatic a lot.
    I don't have any issues with other camera-apps though, I can take 40 to 50 pictures in a row before the phone gets even slightly warm - but with Hipstamatic it gets unbelievably hot after just a couple of photos.

Yesterday I found a couple of "Low Memory" logs under Diagnostics & Usage on the iPhone - the largest process and the only active application at those times (according to the logs) was Hipstamatic. Weird.

Anyway, I'm kind of glad to see I'm not alone - makes me think it's a problem on Hipstamatic's end.