Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RDAR

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 23, 2012
Just wondering if anyone else iphone is attracting dust. 3 times I've charged my phone and wiped the screen clean and left it. Got back with the screen full of a lot of dust that I can pile it in one place. This never happened on my 4 or 5.
image.jpg

lockerc18

macrumors 6502a
May 17, 2012
Just wondering if anyone else iphone is attracting dust. 3 times I've charged my phone and wiped the screen clean and left it. Got back with the screen full of a lot of dust that I can pile it in one place. This never happened on my 4 or 5.
In my pocket, it sure does. Lots. Must be some kind of static charge with the screen.

tonyy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 8, 2011
Dallas
Seems to be more so with my 6 than previous generations. I have the Apple leather case and attract a decent amount of dust/lint around the edges.

I end up taking it out of the case at home to use naked anyway.

myscrnnm

macrumors 68000
Sep 16, 2014
Seattle, WA
Off topic, but what kind of case is that? Looks nice.

I have not had a significant dust problem on my 6 Plus, just fingerprints.

Mactaculious

macrumors regular
Oct 6, 2014

Yes, I have the screen is a dust magnet on my iPhone 6 Plus as well. Doubt there is anything you can do about it aside from constantly cleaning it. :confused:

nburwell

macrumors 603
May 6, 2008
DE
Black will show dust/debris easily, especially if u keep it in your front pocket.

This. I even stream music from my phone when I'm in my car, and the front face of the phone attracts ultimately attracts dust to it. Usually I just wipe the phone on my shirt when I get out of the car. This happened when I had my space gray 6 and still now with my SG 5s.

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
Yeah 6 plus in black leather apple case and around the edges it collects

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.