Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ducatiti

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 18, 2011
Mine has a slight wobble on a perfectly flat surface glass face down. Is this normal?

ducatiti

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 18, 2011
Sounds like the slightly-loose screen assembly issue that quite a number of people have.

It happens to me 6 and 6+ too, but it's a minor matter.

Checked the other two 6's in household, no wobble on the same surface. Perfectly flat. Would like to hear from the others who have a 6+. Thanks.

KiwiAdventure

Suspended
Dec 7, 2010
New Zealand
"Wobble Gate" Lets get the lawyers involved.

Thats right I don't live in America so no need for a Wobble Gate scandal, just ring Apple and have the iPhone replaced.

Zxxv

macrumors 68040
Nov 13, 2011
UK
Does your iPhone 6 wobble a bit when placed face down on a flat surface?

I know I do

Mxbzz

macrumors 6502
Jul 22, 2012
Mine has a slight wobble, while my coworker's is sturdy. Mine is probably slightly bent, but it's not obvious. Since I switch phones so often, it doesn't bother me too much.. I can live with it :)

FieldingMellish

Suspended
Jun 20, 2010
To detect my plus' faint wobble, I press on two opposing corners while it's flat on its back on the table. The opposing corners pressed do not make it wobble.

Max(IT)

Suspended
Dec 8, 2009
Italy
Mine has a slight wobble on a perfectly flat surface glass face down. Is this normal?

Not mine.
Are you sure about how flat the surface is?

----------

Out of hysteria, I think that a little tolerance on how straight it is would be acceptable (we are speaking about sub millimeters tolerances of course).
If the difference is bigger than that, have it exchanged by Apple.

McDaddio

macrumors 6502a
Oct 6, 2014

I got to admit, that I checked this out the other day. I got glass screen protectors for the family and I was curious to check out my son's phone when he put it on. He is in college, puts it in his pocket when bike riding, and he doesn't baby the phone at all. He had it since the 6+ came out. Eventually got the apple leather case for it. Not the slightest bit of wobble.

(waiting now for the wobblegate people to claim that maybe the desk surface was also warped and that cancelled out the warp of the phone)

Tom G.

macrumors 68020
Jun 16, 2009
Champaign/Urbana Illinois
No Mine does not do this.

You might also make sure that the surface that you are using is in fact actually flat. I'm not trying to be sarcastic with this, but some things we think are flat are not.

ducatiti

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 18, 2011
No Mine does not do this.

You might also make sure that the surface that you are using is in fact actually flat. I'm not trying to be sarcastic with this, but some things we think are flat are not.

Tried multiple surfaces to include mirrors, granite, wood, glass, and other phones.

ducatiti

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 18, 2011
Problem solved. Returned my 128GB for a 64GB...running out of excuses. Will stick with this one and won't even to bother to check for defects. Will just look forward for the next time I upgrade...

Max(IT)

Suspended
Dec 8, 2009
Italy
Mine is as straight as it can be....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    867.4 KB · Views: 211

fiveainone

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2011
Mine does on the sleep button side bottom corner. Took it to genius bar awhile ago, he confirmed it, and offered a replacement. I didn't take it as I don't want to get a yellow screen or some other issues. This is so minor I would never notice/see it, besides the back of my head sometimes. It's almost less than a millimeter wobble right?

Max(IT)

Suspended
Dec 8, 2009
Italy
Mine does on the sleep button side bottom corner. Took it to genius bar awhile ago, he confirmed it, and offered a replacement. I didn't take it as I don't want to get a yellow screen or some other issues. This is so minor I would never notice/see it, besides the back of my head sometimes. It's almost less than a millimeter wobble right?

You wouldn't have noticed if it wasn't for threads like this ;)

Jayson A

macrumors 68030
Sep 16, 2014
Just twist it back the other way so that it's straight. Mine was wobbling, but by twisting it the opposite way with slight pressure put it back to normal again.

Just goes to show just how soft this metal really is.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.