Does your iphone 8/8+ Naked ?????

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by titrau, Sep 26, 2017.

1. titrau macrumors 65816

titrau

image.jpg image.jpg Anyone plan to use your iphone 8 or 8 plus like me .... naked with full back and front screen protector just incase scratch lining ,

2. ARizz44 macrumors 6502a

ARizz44

As much as I would LOVE to, I am not. Early drop reviews have shown that despite Apple's claims of this being the strongest glass ever to be used on a phone, the iPhone 8/8+ performed horrendously. As did the Note 8. I have also read that despite insurance, the cost to replace the back glass is quite high. So, I have chosen to use a cheap $5 case from Amazon that I actually like. It might not serve as the greatest protection, but I do not trust this phone handling a drop to a hard surface and surviving sans case.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01KSSNTV0/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

3. drmikey macrumors member

I’ve used all of my phones (original iPhone, 3GS, 4s, 5s, 6 and now 8) without cases and have never broken a screen or back. I don’t use protectors either.

The only exception to that is when I have military duty (Army National Guard). Then I put a case on during that time. After I take the case back off, I think “man this is a nice phone”. I’ve always much preferred the phones the way they were designed.

4. Reno Raines macrumors 65816

5. titrau thread starter macrumors 65816

titrau

image.jpg

I just install and work perfect ... now naked

6. ashleyman macrumors member

I have a screen protector on my 8+ but no case.

I hate cases on phones. I have never used 'cases' except for a light blue rubber 'bumper' for my 4S. I could still appreciate the glass and design whilst having some rubber protection on the edges.

I wish Apple did something similar for the 8+ but most of the cases have backs. The 8+ is very slippery though so I am swaying towards getting a case but haven't decided yet.

7. McTaste macrumors regular

McTaste

that looks like it protects everything except the bits that will hit the ground

8. titrau thread starter macrumors 65816

titrau

Yeah ... only round is not cover ...now i can put a phone on table without concern scratch or lining

9. Jimmy James macrumors 601

Jimmy James

10. sdwaltz macrumors 6502a

Yes. As a matter of fact, my iPhone DOES naked.

It nakeds very very well.

11. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

I forgot about bumper cases. The good ole days. Just looked this up and they have some for the current design on Amazon

12. titrau thread starter macrumors 65816

titrau

IMG_3667.JPG

This is first time i made install screen protector without leave any bubble show up, happy with a brand , before i use xtremegurd it leave all shadow bubble , ... i would buy this brand in future again ,