Does your iPhone WiFi randomly shut off?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by christall109, Aug 14, 2008.

1. christall109 macrumors 6502

Hey guys,

I'm running a first gen iPhone with software 2.0.1 and everytime I go out of range of my home network, my iPhones wifi randomly shuts off. I then have to manually go into settings and turn it back on. It also sometimes just randomly shuts off.

Do any of you guys have similar problems?

2. MultiFinder17 macrumors 68000

MultiFinder17

Haven't noticed anything like that here; that sounds pretty suckish though, mate.

3. christall109 thread starter macrumors 6502

So do I return my iPhone to the Apple store (my warranty goes out Sept 6)? It will be very hard to replicate the problem with them.

It also seems like if I put in a static IP it crashes and the wifi turns off. Am I all alone in this or does anyone out there even have a similar problem?

P.S. restores did nothing.

4. MultiFinder17 macrumors 68000

MultiFinder17

I'm not sure that it's a hardware issue with the phone, nor does it sound like a software issue with since you've restored a few times; I would take it in and ask a genius there if there's a store relatively close to you.

Have you tried it in any other wifi networks to see if it's just burping on your network?

5. chrissmash macrumors regular

Sorry heres the fix:

Turn off your 3G!! I had the same problem so turned off 3G and it now works wonderfully!

Let me know if this works friend.

6. christall109 thread starter macrumors 6502

I have the first gen original 2G iPhone, not the 3G.

Thanks for the help though!

7. iGary Guest

iGary