iPhone X Does your iPhone X slow down with battery capacity of only 97%

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Hieveryone, Mar 4, 2019.

1. Hieveryone macrumors 68040

I just checked and am very unhappy to see it’s fallen to 97%. But what can you do.

Does this mean my iPhone is less snappy and slow now?

@akash.nu

2. ericwn macrumors 68020

What makes you believe that this would happen with a loss of just three percent?

3. EnglishPsycho macrumors member

Aside from replacing the battery, which it's not worth doing until it drops to around 80%, there is not much you can do.

It should say underneath the % in the battery health tab that your phone is running at peak performance and if it does, there's nothing to worry about. If it doesn't, there will be a slider that allows you to disable any throttling that is stopping it running at its peak performance.

4. Hieveryone thread starter macrumors 68040

Ohhh ok great. I didn’t know about the slider. I did know about throttling
    --- Post Merged, Mar 4, 2019 ---
    Because of the less battery capacity

5. Shanghaichica macrumors G4

Shanghaichica

No. Mine was already down to 93% when I upgraded to the Xs max and it was still as fast as the day I got it.

6. Newtons Apple, Mar 5, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2019

Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Good Grief! 3%!

This is the reason why Apple did not give us a battery health app!

7. ericwn macrumors 68020

And what makes you believe that three percent capacity loss is an issue that will cause throttling?

8. akash.nu macrumors 604

akash.nu

As everyone else suggested. You don’t need to worry about it much. Also remember any battery capacity meter is just an estimation. Battery capacity can’t be measured with absolute accuracy.

9. puma1552 macrumors 603

I'm surprised how many people absolutely live and die by the reported percent like it's an exact figure with no tolerance on it and are shocked, just shocked when their year old phone reports a dastardly 97-99% (!) like it's the end of the battery. It's like if a year old phone has a battery of 99%, people are up in arms about why their now used battery isn't still at 100%. I just don't get the lack of logic.

Hell, whatever number reported is probably plus or minus 2-3% tolerance anyway - this isn't an exact science whatsoever.

But to answer today's question from the OP, no, your phone isn't slowing down at 97% battery health.

God I wish Apple would just get rid of it so we could stop having so many stupid threads.

10. BugeyeSTI macrumors 68030

BugeyeSTI

The subject of your threads is starting to become ridiculous. No person who is on this forum as much as you are shouldn’t realize 3% from full capacity will do nothing to the performance of the device... As @Newtons Apple said, people like you is the reason there should be no battery health data..

11. AppleHaterLover macrumors 65816

12. AustinIllini macrumors demi-goddess

AustinIllini

No. It seems fine. Check your battery health. If you have further issues, contact Apple.

13. internetrando macrumors 6502

internetrando

Call Apple and ask.

Better yet, go into a physical location and demand that they repair it. /s

14. C DM macrumors Sandy Bridge

Seems like it's all been pretty much figured out over a month ago.

15. macfacts macrumors 68030

macfacts

You're asking why he thinks apple does sneaky stuff? Probably based on past behavior.

16. C DM macrumors Sandy Bridge

Doesn't really seem that that's what's being asked there (as already covered in the rest of the thread over a month ago).

17. tt061282 macrumors regular

tt061282

This is one feature I sometimes wish Apple had left out. WITHOUT A DOUBT!!

Come on 97% and my iPhone is slowing down. This is what we’ve come to? Apple even includes something for you to know it hasn’t slowed any...

Your phone will say Peak Performance Capability when everything is fine and dandy ...

When it’s not fine and dandy ... GUESS WHAT??? Omg it WILL TELL YOU!!!

I know you open a lot of threads that are unnecessary and this is one of them. I understand that people worry about this kind of stuff nowadays but 97% PLEASE!! If you had opened a thread and said my iPhone X battery is at 83% then it would be something to talk about.

That said... my iPhone Xʀ is currently 100% since October. My iPhone XS Max is currently 99% since September and my iPhone X is currently 93% from November 2017. None of them are SLOWING DOWN ANY!!!

Attached Files:

18. joeblow7777 macrumors 603

Your phone's performance won't decrease until the battery gets too worn to support peak performance, which theoretically shouldn't happen until it's below 80%, and even then you can turn that feature off.

97% health is waaaaaaay too soon to start worrying about that. Just enjoy your phone.

In fact, if your phone is over a year old and the battery health is 97%, it's actually aging very well. You have nothing to worry about.

19. bushman4 macrumors 68020

97% is like 100%. You shouldn’t see any noticeable difference

20. ericwn macrumors 68020

No, that’s not what I was inquiring about. The past is dead and gone. He/she is looking at 3% less battery capacity and to even expect a slower device based on the OP is a bit on the paranoid side, to me.

21. nburwell macrumors 601

nburwell

My Xs battery is at 97% capacity and it's still as snappy as the day it was delivered.

22. squizzler macrumors member

squizzler

Yes, iPhones start slowing down at 99%.

Must complain to apple and ask for replacement. I’ve had mine replaced at 98%.

23. C DM macrumors Sandy Bridge

Sarcasm?

24. bhodinut macrumors member

bhodinut

Well. When the fuel level in my car drops below 3/4 of a tank I lose a lot of horsepower! /sarcasm