Does your Jot skip?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by Bootsie, Mar 20, 2012.

1. Bootsie macrumors 6502a

Bootsie

I have been researching styli for a couple of weeks now to figure out what would be best for me to get for note taking and light drawing.

Seems that the Jot is most precise and best for writing (especially because I print, not write in cursive) but I have found some reports of the Jot missing strokes and skipping a lot... I know it doesn't sound like much, but as a college student who is not working right now $20 is a lot of money to spend on something that is not going to work well.

I know there are a lot of Jot users around here, so do you guys have the same problems? Do you find the jot still working well after months of use?

Any help/opinions would be great! Thanks!

2. oliboli macrumors member

I haven't found that it skips very much, to be honest. It really depends on the angles you use to write, how quickly you write, how you hold the pen, etc. I guess having a screen protector would also effect it. For reference, I write in cursive and use my Jot for note-taking, annotating documents, sketching/brainstorming, and occasional journal writing. I tried writing in print but found the sound of the disc tapping the screen irritating.

3. potumino macrumors newbie

Previously when I used an Anti glare screen protector on my iPad 2, it hardly skipped. The speed is fast too.

But, on the new iPad, I used the glossy screen protector and it was a bit "tricky" to write with the Jot pro. Even straight lines skipped. However, after 2-3 days, I find that it no longer skipped as much as when I first started using it on the new iPad. I think I might have gotten used to it, or the silicon glue of the screen protector has "settled" now. :D

I would say that this is the best stylus that I have tried and I've tried lots of them before this.

4. Bootsie thread starter macrumors 6502a

Bootsie

Thanks for your comments! I know there are a lot of jot users on this forum, and I really need your opinions, I just can't decide what to get!

Any comments or opinions you have would be helpful! Thanks