Does your Mac's heat bother you?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by dmmcintyre3, Apr 8, 2009.

1. dmmcintyre3 macrumors 68020

For me it is depending on weather it is summer or winter. It is good during the winter but bad during the summer.

2. WizardHunt macrumors 68000

WizardHunt

What type of Mac are we talking about? Regarding mine, I was worried about heat but really has not been a problem and I live in Las Vegas where it does get hot in the summertime. Not sure how a iMac would handle it but I am willing to bet that it also would be ok.

3. instaxgirl macrumors 65816

instaxgirl

When I first bought it did used to bother me, but it hardly ever does now. Mainly 'cause after 3 years I'm pretty sure it's not going to overheat and die now :eek:

In the Winter I tend to spread my work around me on my bed, get my iBook nice and toasty, then use it to warm my feet :)

4. MacAndy74 macrumors 65816

Well, No. But then again my iMac G4 only has a HDD temperature sensor.

5. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

I don't notice the heat from my tower unless I walk into the room after it's been running all day. It doesn't really bother me :)

6. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

my CD MBP is one of the hottest laptops ever made lol, does it bother me?? no... will it bother me in another 2 years when it probably overheats and i wont be able to afford a new laptop (ill still be poor in 2 years)?? yes..

7. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

I have a C2D iMac. It does get a little hot, yes... but not to the point where I'd notice in normal usage. Therefore, I have no real reason to be concerned.

8. koobcamuk macrumors 68040

koobcamuk

My laptop is getting hotter and hotter. Quite annoying really. It's ok until I go to a flash website, then it's going mental.

9. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

How unfortunate... I have no problems with Flash at all on my iMac. Also, I have a desktop rather than a laptop. Finally, why did you quote me? Your post doesn't seem to connect with mine, since our Macs are so different.

10. Matek macrumors 6502a

Yes, if I use my MacBook on a couch/in bed, the heat can get annoying.