Does your MBP (L2008) Have this graphics problem?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by eBrooker, Nov 13, 2008.

1. eBrooker macrumors newbie

When using the high performance graphics (System preferences > Energy Saver > Graphics > Higer Performance) do you get a 'shudder' when dragging a browser window such as firefox from side to side?

Oddly enough it doesn't have the same problem when you use the less powerful graphics gpu!!! (System preferences > Energy Saver > Graphics > Better Battery Life)

I get it on Opera and Firefox, it looks awful, like when using a pc without the correct graphics card drivers installed! (I think may actually be a driver issue because there are other graphics related problems on this model too).

Can those of you who have a new MBP test this out please? I plan to go into the Apple store tomorrow to see if their's do it too, but am interested to know if the problem affects any of you as well.

Edit: Ok this is wierd! I just logged back in to the higher performance GPU and it's stopped happening!!!! (ie is working normal now) :-/

Edit 2: Ten minutes later, and it's started to happen again...

Edit 3: Logged out then back in to the lower performance gpu, been logged in for the same time as edit 2 (well more, 15 mins) but the problem is not happening, indicating the problem lies with the dirvers for the higer performance 9600M GT (or the card itself).

2. kobefan234 macrumors 6502

kobefan234

have you tried safari? Same problem?
    I think you might have reinstall the os

3. twentyeight7 macrumors member

i was just about to post about the same thing. when i use my 9600 the computer is slower.

i am using parallels to run autocad on the 9400 everything is fine, great even, but the 9600 hangs all the time

this is the first post anywhere that i have seen with the same problem

anyone else out there?

Chris