does your mbp lay flat?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Brandon Heat, Aug 15, 2009.

1. Brandon Heat macrumors regular

So I've been setting my mbp on tables and once in a while I have to adjust its position so I I'd slide it around... But everytime I did that.. I'd hear what sounds like the bottom plate making contact with the table... I kept thinking my tables were dirty.. Or my tables weren't flat... I take a peek and my mbp is actually curved on the bottom!!

Anyone else?

2. Hot Snowboarder macrumors 6502

Nope. Bottom should be flat.

Is it a unibody with non-removable battery? Maybe your battery is swelling?

3. lathode macrumors member

Flat.. Did you use a ruler or something flat to see the curve?

4. pnyc macrumors 6502

5. shambo macrumors 6502a

shambo

Get a spirit level and a digital camera otherwise no one's going to believe your MBP has a 0.005mm curvature.

6. Brandon Heat thread starter macrumors regular

All I'm saying is that the rubber pads on the bottom should be raising the mbp but it doesn't... Its possibly even supposrted by the center of the bottom piece... Which I thought was a little odd... I have a umbp by the way

7. pnyc macrumors 6502

I believe him without photos, why wouldn't anyone believe him? 0.005mm curvature with a spirit level, really?

8. Brandon Heat thread starter macrumors regular

all i did to see the curve was to set it on different tables and look at the gap between the table and mbp.. the rubber feet should raise the mbp... i didnt need an instrument to tell me that its off by .005mm... i can just see that the table and mbp are touching...

the most annoying thing about is that when i go to plug something into the usb, the whole unit slides over... cuz the friction between the table and aluminum isnt strong enough...

9. Brandon Heat thread starter macrumors regular

update.. thx to your guys input.. i showed concierge and they agreed... replaced with no questions asked :eek:

10. Nocturnal22 macrumors 6502