Does your MBPr screen get really dusty?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Hieveryone, Dec 21, 2014.

1. Hieveryone macrumors 68020

Even if I clean mine so its spotless, it is only a matter of 2 days before it is really dusty again.

Any suggestions?

2. Praesto macrumors regular

This happens to all electronics. I can't explain it perfectly, but the electricity attracts dust. Not my area of expertise by any means, but this is why mine always stays inside of a case when not in use.

Edit: I have a carrying case for safety, but a standard neoprene case for storage.

3. someoneoutthere macrumors regular

It's got nothing to do with your laptop, it is all about the surroundings of it.
    If you are using it outside a lot, it will get dusty. If you are using it a lot at public places, again, it will get dusty.
    Even if you are using it at home, it will still get dusty. Everything gets dusty, not just your computer. If you've got a speaker system or a printer around that you don't touch/clean very often; check and see how much dust they've got accumulated on them. Or, if you've got a bookshelf, same thing.
    On a sunny day open up your curtains/blinders and let the sunshine penetrate your room/apartment/house/whatever it is; you will realize how much dust is actually wandering around although you don't get to see much with your bare eyes.
    Best,

4. catan macrumors member

Since dust is a reality in most working environments, I would suggest you use your computer in an area where direct light isn't shining onto your screen...that way the dust won't be as apparent and irritating so soon after you clean it.