Does your on/off switch protrude equally?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by badgerman, Sep 4, 2008.

1. badgerman macrumors 6502a

Mine sticks out 1-2mm or so more on the right if facing the screen than the left so that it looks like a wedge rather than a rectangle. In fact the left side is almost flush with the top of the phone.

Is this standard, is it just mine, or just me being anal?

2. hobbbz macrumors 6502a

hobbbz

3. badgerman thread starter macrumors 6502a

OK, I wonder if slightly wonkey buttons are accepted as a reason for replacement by the genei?

4. milani macrumors 68000

milani

Mine is even, but it's lose and I can move it left to right if I gently pull on it. Not worth a replacement, in my opinion. I don't keep my phone in a glass box, and as long as it works I'm content.

5. Brandonsc macrumors member

Mine is the same way. I have to push on the right side of the button to turn it on and off.

6. Kardashian macrumors 68020

Kardashian

7. narjisse macrumors newbie

Mine is not even, right side is 1/3 higher than the left.
    No problems in functionality.

8. ishopukisfake macrumors regular

I'd not really looked for this before but now that I check, my on off switch does appear to be slightly higher on the right than on the left. However this could be because the casing of the iphone is curving round at that point.

It is being a little overly picky though
    I just pushed the right side down with a nail and it does impress to an equal level as the other side. Oh well, maybe a little manufacturing flaw - not something to worry about though

9. ribenaberrie macrumors member

mine looks even enough to me. maybe 1/8 higher on the right?! but then like a pp said, might just be because of the curve in the phone that makes it seem this way.

10. pj rage macrumors 6502

Mine is definitely sinking in on the right side. Doesn't affect it at all though. I'm actually quite glad - I can live with it OK, but if something else goes wrong with the phone, it's one more reason for apple to give me warranty.

I wish you made this a poll. I bet sinkers would have won ;)