Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Skilz34

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 8, 2003
posted from a guy in the Mac discussions:

Great news, I no longer have the whining!! I read a message on macintouch from someone saying that Virex was causing some problems with noise on their machine. So i uninstalled Virex 7.5.1 using the uninstall script included in the dmg, deleted all files with the word virex in it, rebooted, and no more whining! I suggeste people give this a try.

It worked for me!

ollie

macrumors member
Oct 21, 2004
mine really only seems to do it when you minimise something or use expose` which makes me think its something to do with the graphics card. what do you have? i have 128mb (9700) and i have 1gb of ram
but i dont have virex, unless it comes free on the new powerbooks... this is really annoying. why does it happen?

killuminati

macrumors 68020
Dec 6, 2004
ollie said:
mine really only seems to do it when you minimise something or use expose` which makes me think its something to do with the graphics card. what do you have? i have 128mb (9700) and i have 1gb of ram
but i dont have virex, unless it comes free on the new powerbooks... this is really annoying. why does it happen?

I have the same problem with the same configuration. 128mb and 1gb

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.