Does your screen close easily?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by zubins, Jan 21, 2009.

1. zubins macrumors newbie

Hello all.

I just purchased a MBP yesterday. I was sitting/laying at an odd angle and when i lifted my laptop up at an angle, the screen began closing with no force put on it.

if i were to lift the cpu up at a 90 degree angle, the screen would close all the way and almost did now as i was testing it.

Is this normal? I am coming from pc's and have no experience with anything mac other than my ipod and phone...thank you

2. nope7308 macrumors 65816

nope7308

Yes, that's normal. In fact, many MR members have been complaining about it (no surprise there). Strangely, the MB requires a lot more force to close. Personally, I like how easy the MBP closes.

Don't worry though, you'll get used to it.

3. zubins thread starter macrumors newbie

thank you for the quick response!

now i just gotta figure out whats what

4. Crash1234 macrumors regular

Seems pretty standard with these new mbps as stated. But, you'll probably never use your laptop at a flat out 90degree angle. I can use my mbp comfortably propped up at a pretty steep angle on my knees. I think you just have to lift it up slowly and try not to jar it and it should stay open.

5. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

Easy solution, many people, especially with early Unibody models had it.

Take it to the Apple store

Tell a Genius

He takes it for 20 mins

Problem fixed

(He tightens the screws around the base of the screen, this service is free).

6. zubins thread starter macrumors newbie

i guess while i have some ppls attention:

is there anyway to individually control a programs sound levels? For instance, aim is really annoying but i cant figure out where the volume controls for the program are...

if anyone knows where to look or can help with individual program sound manipulation thatd be great! I swear im not retarded, i looked all over aim!