Does your screen look like this?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by paetrick, Oct 22, 2007.

1. paetrick macrumors regular

It's been up before, but does your screen looks "glittery" with full brightness on a black background?

Picture (it shows more than you can see in real life) - you have to look really close to see it in person.

It's not dead pixels (or stuck), there's one stuck pixel on the picture tho, but i'm talking about all the "glitter"...

Do you got this?

[​IMG]

2. Arisian macrumors 68000

Arisian

im having a hard time figuring out what yo uare refering to... it looks like there is alot of dust on teh screen

sorry man

3. paetrick thread starter macrumors regular

That's not dust, that's what im refering to (glitter)

4. DizzyRose macrumors regular

DizzyRose

5. paetrick thread starter macrumors regular

Even if you turn upp the brightness to full? (and look at the screen in a "medium" light to dark room? (on a black background)

6. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

Mine looks like that. Someone from another thread/forum said it was light leaking out from behind the pixels. Doesn't bother me as I hardly see it in normal lighting and I don't stare at a lot of black on my iPod.

7. paetrick thread starter macrumors regular

Alright, is it like this on every touch or should i return it to apple for a new one?

8. GrimmGreen macrumors regular

yeah i know what you are talking about , they are not "dead" pixels i dont think , and i only notice it when i am in a black room with the brightness really high , and with a dark or black image on the screen , otherwise i never even think about it

9. rd261 macrumors regular

Well I've had 3 ipod touches (wk 37,38,40) and my friend has a week 40 as well and all of them have the same problem. So I'll say its normal, even though most people dont see it because it is too hard to see.

10. paetrick thread starter macrumors regular

thanks for the answers :) and yeah, it's really hard to see (the camera can see it easy tho)

11. kinchee87 macrumors regular

kinchee87

I only see the glittering on mine when I turn the brightness to its maximum.

12. paetrick thread starter macrumors regular

Yep me too (and i guess all other ipt's)

13. RazerM macrumors member

On my iPod I can bareley see any variance in black pixels, nothing noticeable. I have a week 39.

14. paetrick thread starter macrumors regular

Week 39 here too, guess all ipts got it , hard to see tho .....

15. paetrick thread starter macrumors regular

Does anyone of you got an touch after week 39? if so, same "issue" ?

16. grockk macrumors 6502

grockk

i had like 5 that did this in the apple store before I finally gave up and bought the iPhone. I just couldn't stand the glitteriness and couldn't miss it when watching movies.

if you turn down the brightness it helps, but still.

17. paetrick thread starter macrumors regular

Alright, I never see the "glitter" because I never use full brightness, but it's buggning me that the problem is _there_ when using full brightness, i mean... If it looks like this now on full brightness maybe it'll get worse by time !

18. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

Yeah, I have the same issue. It's not really all that distracting to me personally, but I could see someone being annoyed by it.

19. XheartcoreboyX macrumors 6502a

XheartcoreboyX

My new week 40 iPod touch doesnt have this problem with the full brightness on =)

20. PowerFullMac macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

I've got a week 39 Touch and haven't noticed anything (I haven't got a black background anymore) but I've got auto-brightness on and haven't noticed anything.

21. paetrick thread starter macrumors regular

Well, auto brightness is never @ full, try switch it of and turn on full brightness and look at a black picture on ur touch !

22. Fuchal macrumors 68020

Just about every LCD I have ever seen looks like this.

23. paetrick thread starter macrumors regular

If so, you are missing the point... This is the first LCD i've seen the "glitter" issue on. (The iPhone screen doesn't look like that !)

24. Phil A. Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

Week 40 and even with the brightness on full I can't see anything except rich, pure black when looking at a black background as you can see from the photo below
    :)

[​IMG]

25. paetrick thread starter macrumors regular

My picture would look like that as well if i focused on the icons rather than the black background, I'm not saying that ur screen is bad, I'm just saying that ur pic says nothing.

Well, maybe a call to apple tomorrow then !