Does your "significant other" have an iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TheSpaz, Oct 5, 2008.

?

Does your significant other have an iPhone?

1. YES!

77 vote(s)
    57.9%
  2. No...

56 vote(s)
    42.1%
  1. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

I recently got an iPhone 3G so I gave my 1st Gen iPhone to my girlfriend. I've been dating this girl for almost 2 years now... she loves her new iPhone. I unlocked it for her so she could continue using her current carrier (which is nice because she's in college and doesn't have a job).

So, does your significant other have an iPhone?

Just realized the title was kind of biased. I fixed it.

2. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

Neither of us do.

She doesn't want one, or any cell phone for that matter.

Me, I am still on the fence.

3. deimos256 macrumors 6502a

My girlfreind got one a day after me, july12, i think she wanted me to play guinea pig first. Funny thing is she still has no idea how to use it, i have to show her, and to this day it has yet to see iTunes, never been synced or backed up hahaha shes in trouble

4. robertatwb macrumors member

robertatwb

Yep - monkey see, monkey do.....kaching...LOL!

5. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

I miss the days when it was considered normal, and even expected, to not have a significant other just because you're a computer geek... :eek:

6. dmk1974 macrumors 68000

dmk1974

Yeah my wife does as well. It's awesome to pay for two 3G iPhones and data plans when one barely gets used! :rolleyes:

7. almasinfe macrumors member

almasinfe

yes my wife has one only due to the fact that she
    a. had a better credit score than me
    b. she thought that just cuz she had a better score that she some how deserves one
    c. she waited in line for 3 hours in line before i got there. by waiting in line i mean she had a chair in line and she was in the car watching movies till i got there..
    d. i must give her props since if she did not done this i would not have had the
    and sweet jesus phone...:D

8. S Brake macrumors regular

My wife uses mine almost as much as I do. We will probably end up getting her a white one at some point.

9. peterwalsh macrumors newbie

device jealousy

My SO does not have an iphone and refuses to update her ageing and often dysfunctional Sony Ericsson. She glowers at me when I produce the iphone and never misses an opportunity to mock its failings - heroic as they are, struggling with ambitious yet still inchoate code. I am coming to think that she envies the phone and its consumption of my time and have started to furtively flick it from its Hard Graft sleeve whenever she quits the room.

The iphone is a fetish, an apple idol, and you might as well accept that if you read and contribute to this forum you have a mild psychological disorder. Rational and shrewd my SO has simply deduced that the iphone is a contender for my affections.

I would be more worried if she wanted one for herself...

10. Scallywag macrumors regular

My girlfriend hates my iPhone...or is at least admittedly jealous of it. I spend alot less time with my laptop since getting one, but my GF fails to see this and instead accuses me of spending twice as much time on the internet as before..which is untrue. This coming from a woman that spends at least 12-16 hours a day on her computer....from morning to night, and no one's forcing her. She'd just rather have me cleaning something.

Unfortunately she's actually worsened my experience of owning the iphone because I feel bad whenever I use it in front of her. My lord, such jealous creatures. Thanks a million sweetie!!;)

11. Charlie™ macrumors newbie

Charlie™

12. Samarium macrumors 6502a

Samarium

She doesn't have one but we have traded our phones for a day or two when I need battery life. She hates it.

13. rarity macrumors regular

rarity

14. bseder macrumors newbie

My wife loves her new 3G iPhone...didn't take long to realize that I loved her 3G too, so I sold my original iPhone on Ebay and it wound up paying for both of our new 3Gs :D

15. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

My wife likes my iPhone, but she gets her current cell service for free so we can't justify changing that to an iPhone.

So she got an iPod Touch. It's a pretty good compromise.

16. zelmo macrumors 603

zelmo

My wife has a Centro and she was very happy with it until she played with my iPhone to surf the web. I'm pretty sure she wants one, but she won't admit it...at least until her contract expires.:p

17. AiralynRose macrumors 6502a

yes he does.

Story:
    In July before the 3g release i had about had it with verizon and my LG Venus phone. I was having tons of problems and couldn't stand it anymore. So i finally gave in and decided to cancel my Verizon contract and pay the ETF. I purchased a 1st gen iPhone off a friend of mine who was upgradeing to the 3g (I gave him $250 for a 16gb). I signed up for an AT&T contract by myself. All this time, my boyfriend had been telling me i was silly for paying the ETF. Well about a week later, Jealousy steped in (the boy would never let me use my own phone!!). He ended up ordered a 3g and paying his verizon ETF too. lol. Now we're on a family plan together. :)

I'm sorta annoyed that he got the 3g now because it makes it look like he had the original one the whole time and just handed it off on his "technology iliterate" girlfriend when it was out of date. (Even though I wanted the 1st gen and hes just a copy cat) However, i'm just as techy (if not more) than he is. stupid stereotypes.

18. Silverfist macrumors member

Silverfist

Unfortunately, the Wife Is stuck with Tmo until early next year... But seeing as how she's been using my Touch since about a week before I got my 3G (and actually encouraged me to get the 3G so she could steal the Touch) I have no doubt she'll be getting one early spring '09.

19. craigverse macrumors 6502

craigverse

20. Peabody macrumors regular

My wife has my 1st gen after I upgraded to 3G.

At first it was like pulling teeth - I had to just force the activation on her line to get her to switch. Otherwise it was, "maybe tomorrow...".

Now that the first couple teething weeks are over you couldn't pry it out of her iPhone happy hands. :)

Her only complaint is the same as mine - stupid viewmymessage.com!

21. DanielJvdBerg macrumors regular

She has an iPod Touch 2G because she
    1. Can't afford the iPhone
    2. The iPhone is too thick for her and therefore choose the razor thin iPod

22. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

We both had v1 iPhones and now we both have 3G iPhones. She couldn't believe how user friendly the iPhone was, until she got one for herself and now I can't get her to pay attention to me or take her turn to cook. I'm doin' all the cooking 24/7...:(

23. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

No, but my wife is seriously considering getting one in the next week or so.

24. efp1 macrumors 6502

efp1

Yes!

I was in line to buying the new iPhone 3G in Barcelona and she was with me. In line, she decided to get one too. We both got the 16gb version. She wanted the white one but they only had black ones.

She barely uses the data and everything else. I'm always on the limit... But yeah, we both love our phones.