Does your trackpad click here?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Colin8, May 10, 2017.

1. Colin8 macrumors newbie

hi, my trackpad doesn't work at the very right hand side.
    This area I've tried to show on a photo:
    [​IMG]

I'd say 1cm from the top, 1cm from the bottom and about a 1cm out from the side, I get no response from the trackpad (can't move cursor, click, etc.) the only time it DOES work if I drag from the middle in, then it seems to register and I can click and move the cursor ( so can't be hardware?) - but if I lift my finger and put it back down it'll not work in that area. anyone know how to fix this? 2016 MBP 15". I've tried SMC/NVRAM reset as well as windows on bootcamp - so not the OS.

2. Brookzy macrumors 68040

Brookzy

It's part of the palm rejection - so that when you type, the underside of your hand doesn't cause unwanted trackpad input.

3. Colin8 thread starter macrumors newbie

4. csurfr macrumors 6502a

That's actually really interesting.. when I did what you show in the picture, it indeed doesn't click. Then on the left side it seemed to click, but I realized that I guess just enough of the pad of my finger was to the right of the area... so indeed, it is the same amount on both sides of the trackpad.

5. Colin8 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, that's exactly what I found as well. Although the nonresponsiveness, on my Mac, goes in deeper on the right side compared to the left.

6. aevan macrumors 68000

aevan

We had numerous threads on this, it's part of palm rejection. Put your finger deeper inside the trackpad, drag it towards that part and click - it will click normally.