Does your trackpad have double-tap?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by superspiffy, Aug 9, 2007.

1. superspiffy macrumors 6502a

I've never really given this much thought, I always assumed that OSX doesn't incorporate the double tap unlike Windows laptops so I've been using the button for double clicks. But now I have to ask (for fear that my MBP is defective) if whether I should have the double tap ability.

2. bartelby macrumors Core

Under the Keyboard & Mouse system prefs there are various options for the trackpad.
    Including tapping.

Attached Files:

3. Osarkon macrumors 68020

Osarkon

You should have double tap.

I use it all the time on my macbook, can't be bothered to use the button. :rolleyes:

4. superspiffy thread starter macrumors 6502a

Really??? So you're saying that I'm suppose to have tapping. But I've played around with the Trackpad settings and could find no mention of it.

5. bartelby macrumors Core

You have got the "Clicking" option checked right?

6. superspiffy thread starter macrumors 6502a

In a fit of panic I didn't even realize that the clicking checkbox was not checked! Now I feel like a tard :eek:

7. Warped1 macrumors member

Anyone have track tap clicking working on a vista bootcamp? Two finger works fine.

8. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

It happens. ;) And just so you know, there is no such thing as a separate double tap, at least in OS X. You can tap, so you can tap twice. ;) Essentially just like a mouse.

9. Caster macrumors newbie

I have double tap enabled and two finger scroll enabled (probably one of my favorite features). The only problem I really have with the trackpad is that when I don't have "ignore random trackpad inputs" on and I type the palm of my hand constantly hits the trackpad and moves the cursor back to basically what I was typing and erases it, so I keep it on if I'm ever just typing or if I'm on Adium/iChat and turn it off when I'm surfing the web :D

10. aliquis- macrumors 6502a

Not that I like the colors, but what do you use to change them? Care to share any urls to any os x themeing sites if any such ones exists?

11. superspiffy thread starter macrumors 6502a

12. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

i love the fact that you can use 2 fingers to scroll. and use double tap to open. the mbp and mb touchpads are really sensitive compared to other things ive used.