Does your unibody do this as well?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by darngooddesign, Feb 9, 2009.

1. darngooddesign macrumors G3

Overall my 15" has been great considering it was one of the first off the turnip truck. :D

On either graphic cards occasionally the screen blinks. I can't tell if it happens with full screen video, but it doesn't appear to matter what else I'm doing.

My battery runs down while asleep, but something I noticed is that even while asleep the USB ports have power because my iPhone still charges. I don't know if that is the only reason for the drain.

Mine takes significantly longer to chanrge than my previous 2.0 MB did.

Anyone else suffering any or all of these issues?

2. MooneyFlyer macrumors 65816

MooneyFlyer

13" MB Alu --
    - The battery does drain more in sleep mode than I would expect (this is the thing that bugs me most because I travel a lot)
    - My screen does not blink
    - USB ports are active but I would assume don't draw too much unless something is plugged into them

3. DJ567 macrumors regular

mbp in sig

battery runs down in sleep, often wakes from sleep for a few seconds then goes back for no reason

usb will charge iphone in sleep

tearing in fullscreen video, on both graphics adaptors

takes an age to charge, talking twice as long as it does to run down

my was also 1 of the first and took weeks to arrive which was really annoying

4. fleali88 macrumors regular

my gf's 2.5ghz macbook pro aluminum (last gen before unibody) charges iphones/ipods in sleep mode, so thats probably some sort of feature, i kinda like it.

5. bolen macrumors 6502

bolen

15.4" MBP Unibody (ordered 14th Oct, manufactured around the 20th)
    • The battery does drain more than my old MB (2.0GHz Late 2006) in sleep mode, but I'm not that affected by this since I'm not traveling that much currently. It's too bad it does though. :/
    • My screen does not blink/have artifacts with or without external monitor.
    • USB Ports are active while having my iPod Touch plugged in, like someone said above they're probably only active if you have something plugged in.
    • Charging my MBP takes a really long time, quite annoying. I would like a power adapter that can deliver more juice (90-100W) while home and use the regular 85W one "on road" when a slimmer product preferable.

My battery does however seems to go down hill quite fast, it's around 91-92% right now.. and I've calibrated it twice the last couple of days. That does suck.. If it go further down I'll probably give the service guys a call.

6. damnyooneek macrumors 6502

mine blinks I think mine is caused by the latest graphics card update i installed

7. UltraNEO* macrumors 601

UltraNEO*

What can I say? This is what happens when people buy into revision A machine! Sure, it might it be really new technology but it's the first version of a new machine with a new chipset and new graphics chip. It's fairly normal to have some imperfections, bugs and annoyances.

8. DJ567 macrumors regular

on the other hand you could buy rev b for the same money and be really annoyed when its refreshed 2 months down the line

i will happily suffer with my slight problems