Does your warranty reset when you get a replacement?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by pulsewidth947, Mar 14, 2014.

1. pulsewidth947 macrumors 65816

pulsewidth947

Does your warranty reset when you get a replacement iPhone? I bought my original iPhone 5 on launch day, then got it replaced June 2013 because the camera got random pink glitches on the screen.

Now I've just started to notice a faint pink rectangle in the middle of the screen like in this thread.

My original warranty ran out September 2013. Will I be able to get it replaced?

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Nope, your warranty already expired.
    It's 1 year from the original purchase date and doesn't restart every time you get a replacement for obvious reasons.

3. Mrbobb macrumors 601

You wish.

Nor will they give you a different color one during replacement or give you a 5s for a 5 (5 not on stock?). NEVER.

4. pulsewidth947 thread starter macrumors 65816

pulsewidth947

OK no worries. I suppose I could fight it with EU Consumer law, but to be honest its probably £30 round trip to the Apple store, I guess I'll just get a new screen off eBay.

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You got good chances with that consumer law.
    I heard many people got repairs and replacements even past the 1 year warranty expiration.
    You just gotta be persistent and show them you know your rights and the law that protects you.