Does your watch band scratch the palm rest?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by marc55, Jan 15, 2014.

1. marc55, Jan 15, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2014

marc55 macrumors 6502a

marc55

Since the MBPs are all aluminum, I was wondering if you guys have scratched the palm rest area with your watch bands.

Thank you

2. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

I do not have any scratches from my wrist watch on my MBP.

3. MCAsan macrumors 601

MCAsan

neither do I...I never wear anything on my wrist when using a laptop native keyboard. I don't like it rubbing...or the potential scratches.

4. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Yes, my has Mac has been scratched by my wristwatch before, so for all my Macs I buy the Moshi Palmguard. Now it's the plastic cover that gets scratched.

The added advantage is I can rest my bare palms on the computer in cold winter months without touching a freezing computer.

5. BigHam macrumors member

I don't, but my girlfriends bracelet sure did and she was only typing in a password, with the computer on a desk, from standing height. So it was a soft touch, but noticeable scratch.

6. thundersteele macrumors 68030

Yes it does. The corner of the palm rest on the left is all silvery since my watches band has scrapped off the coating there. Doesn't bother me very much.

7. Meister Suspended

Meister

8. saturnotaku macrumors 68000

Having scratched my old MBP's palm rest, I've subsequently installed skins. I had a ZAGG invisible shield on my early 2011 model and have an iCarbons one on my current system.

9. Orr macrumors 6502

Orr

10. EwanMcTeagle macrumors 6502

EwanMcTeagle

Well, when I'm wearing my metal watch it's constantly catching against MBP's corner. It didn't cause any scratches, but I did
    • get a palmguard
    • and I take off my watch when writing :)

Somehow it happens only on my 13" cMBP. I have no such problems with 15" cMBP or the 13" Air.

Anyway a palmguard is good choice. I think I have one from Moshi - it's very solid and very Macbook-aluminum like :)