Doesn't cloning copy recovery partition?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by todesto, Jan 9, 2015.

1. todesto macrumors member

todesto

Just finished setting up fusion drive and used SuperDuper to clone my HDD to fusion drive.
    I am able to boot with fusion drive but there is no recovery partition in fusion drive, obviously there is one on my HDD which I am going to format.

What is best way to get recovery partition in fusion drive?

2. Synchro3 macrumors 68000

Synchro3

Not with SuperDuper, but with CCC (CarbonCopyCloner) you can clone the recovery partition.

3. lexR macrumors regular

lexR

Only onto certain drives, for example it does not allow for the recovery HD on my RAID 0 SSD setup on the sonnet tempo PCIe but it does on the clone on a 500GB WD HDD... Not sure why I guess because it looks like an external drive to the CMP

4. VirtualRain macrumors 603

VirtualRain

CCC does not properly clone the recovery partition either (so maybe it's a wide-spread problem with cloning apps)...
    http://www.macworld.com/article/2857721/how-to-restore-a-missing-recovery-partition.html

5. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

6. todesto thread starter macrumors member

todesto

I followed link by VirtualRain, but I couldn't make Recovery HD using CCC because I had it set up as fusion drive. So I ended up fresh install Yosemite and found out Recovery HD is created in fusion drive, then restored from Time Machine, it's all good now including Recovery HD.