Doesn't Make Sense...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Squilly, Feb 14, 2013.

1. Squilly macrumors 68020

Squilly

Apple knows that the rMBP's from 2012 have IR. They've been updated with the early 2013 model, hopefully fixing the IR issue. Shouldn't Apple release a recall since those screens from before are still defective? Yeah, you could send it in for repair but that doesn't cover the fact that the problem isn't gone/not a thing of the past....

2. HR24 macrumors newbie

I really hope they fixed the IR problem as i'm waiting for my 2013 rMBP 15. I tried to google any reviews for the new machines but there is nothing out there yet :(

3. xShane macrumors 6502a

xShane

If there was a massive Apple recall that would look pretty bad. Image news outlets getting a hold of "Massive Apple recall". Bad publicity.

Furthermore, not all of them have image retention problems. It would be a bit of a waste to recall a large amount of units, only to play hit or miss with whether or not it truly has IR.

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Not every 2012 rMBP has IR, mine doesn't. Plus we don't have numbers on how many units sold that have IR vs those that don't. Since this issue has not really made it to the forefront of most news outlets its probably not a huge issue, and not public enough for apple to react, i.e., recall.

I'm not saying that the problem isn't serious but rather its not big enough or public enough for a multibillion dollar company to react so much by issuing a recall that will negatively impact its reputation and bottom line.

5. Squilly thread starter macrumors 68020

Squilly

It's supposed to hurt there image. Already has. They'd look better to live up to their products, imo.

6. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

This problem hasn't hurt Apple's image at all - if it was the same problem on an iPhone, sure, the media would be all over it. But it's really only 'techies' who read sites like these who are aware of the IR issue.