Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

azsprty

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 15, 2009
In the past people talk about how much they love dtunes but a mention of installous and your treading on piracy? That's kinda lame seeing as dtunes is for the exact same purpose. What gives

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit
nope

dtunes and installous are not the same maybe in your mind. As to why I'm not even going to get into that it Should be logical. :rolleyes:

thelatinist

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2009
Connecticut, USA
Unlike Installous, dTunes has legitimate uses. I use dTunes to play media that I (legally) downloaded to my phone in Safari, never to download illegal songs. Believe it or not, there are quite a few free or public domain recordings on the Web.

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit
personly

Can it?:confused: Like mxtube and yourtube?
dTunes includes a downloader and media player, in which you can download MP3's (p2p methods i think) and play them for free.

I like MXtube the best! thelatinist well said there are many legit uses for dtube. installous just to get pirated apps, end of story.

ViViDboarder

macrumors 68040
Jun 25, 2008
USA
dTunes doesn't download Youtube videos...

It's an MP3 player app but a major feature is that it lets you download pirated music.

My interpretation of the forum rules would be that you can discuss the App in regards to legitimate uses. As thelatinist said, there are legitimate uses. So discussing where to find dTunes and how to set up playlists or import your music would be fine.

Discussing how to download pirated songs or find pirated music using dTunes would not be ok.

There is no legitimate reason to use any App pirating software that I know of. Maybe if a free app wasn't offered in your region and it was the only way... then maybe a discussion would be allowed, but even still I doubt it as it would no doubt help others pirate software.

But... I'm not a Mod so it doesn't really matter what I think. Only those who hold the Ban-Hammer.

terraphantm

macrumors 68040
Jun 27, 2009
Pennsylvania
dTunes doesn't download Youtube videos...

It's an MP3 player app but a major feature is that it lets you download pirated music.

My interpretation of the forum rules would be that you can discuss the App in regards to legitimate uses. As thelatinist said, there are legitimate uses. So discussing where to find dTunes and how to set up playlists or import your music would be fine.

Discussing how to download pirated songs or find pirated music using dTunes would not be ok.

There is no legitimate reason to use any App pirating software that I know of. Maybe if a free app wasn't offered in your region and it was the only way... then maybe a discussion would be allowed, but even still I doubt it as it would no doubt help others pirate software.

But... I'm not a Mod so it doesn't really matter what I think. Only those who hold the Ban-Hammer.

installous could be used to modify ipas that you already own... for example turning the sonic1 app into sonic 2.

Derkatwork

macrumors 6502
Apr 8, 2010
Milwaukee
One excuse for Installous is a trial kind of basis. Download a paid app and try it. If you like it delete it and support your friendly developers rather than being a prick about it.

On a side note...Ha! No more newbie status!

ViViDboarder

macrumors 68040
Jun 25, 2008
USA
installous could be used to modify ipas that you already own... for example turning the sonic1 app into sonic 2.

Turning it into? Huh? Just rename it?

One excuse for Installous is a trial kind of basis. Download a paid app and try it. If you like it delete it and support your friendly developers rather than being a prick about it.

On a side note...Ha! No more newbie status!

Downloading a Paid app without paying for any reason is still pirating. Granted, it's not with ill intention.

Congrats on becoming a member!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.