OS X Doesn't Start: Command and Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by mgbetts, Apr 6, 2014.

1. mgbetts, Apr 6, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2014

mgbetts macrumors newbie

Hey guys, I bought the C&C 3 game for my mac years ago and love it. However, I bought a new MBA late last year with Maverick and currently have version 10.9.2 and now C&C 3 crashes and doesn't start. It just gets stuck on the desktop with the C&C 3 rectangle logo (see pic) that comes up before the game is meant to start.

I was wondering if anyone has come up with a way of sorting this problem out? And if so, how do can I sort it?

Thanks guys.

Attached Files:

2. keysofanxiety macrumors G3

keysofanxiety

Is it version 1.09 or 1.08?

Might be worth reapplying the patch. http://www.gamefront.com/files/8879782/C_C_3__Tiberium_Wars_v1_09_Patch__MAC_

3. mgbetts thread starter macrumors newbie

Another issue!

Thanks for the suggestion. I did only have version 1.06 of the game. I downloaded the patch, but I couldn't install it. A message (see pic attached) kept coming up. I tried uninstalling C&C3 and trying it again, but the same happened.

Attached Files:

4. keysofanxiety macrumors G3

keysofanxiety

Looks like you bought the torrented version, as the unofficial version comes up with that error message. The official version will patch no problem.

I'd reinstall the official version through Origin for Mac, as that should be the latest version anyway.

5. Miharu macrumors 6502

Miharu

I still have a copy of C&C 3 for Mac, can you use the cd key on that to unlock the game on Origin?

6. Dirtyharry50 macrumors 68000

Dirtyharry50

Unless they just re-released it that game is not available on Origin for some reason. The first Dragon Age isn't either even though both games are EA titles.

Also, you won't find Red Alert 3 on Origin.

It's all Sims 3 and some (not all) Feral releases and little else on Origin at least for the time being.

7. mgbetts thread starter macrumors newbie

I have bought the game (see picture), I am quite sure it looks official. It looks official enough!

I have tried uninstalling and installing a few times and the code work on the back of the manual works. I guess there isn't anything I can do to make it work?

Attached Files:

8. Dirtyharry50 macrumors 68000

Dirtyharry50

I would suggest looking inside the app to find a Cider folder and looking inside there to find a Cider updater app and running it. That might help. At one point I needed to do this for Warhammer Online which is also a Cider app to get it to start up. Before I ran the Cider updater it would not launch successfully.

I don't own this but I'm pretty sure it is a Cider app isn't it? Somebody correct me if I am wrong.

I hope this helps. If not, I would contact EA support and also check their support pages on their site in case you can find something that way. Otherwise if you haven't hit Google yet looking for info you might try that too.

9. keysofanxiety macrumors G3

keysofanxiety

Hello matey, really sorry for my unwarranted and inaccurate accusation. Might be best to try patch from 1.06 to 1.08, and then from there patch from 1.08 to 1.09?

Cheers and sorry again.

10. mgbetts thread starter macrumors newbie

Don't worry no offence taken. I just want to get it working so I can play! Thanks for the suggestion.

11. mgbetts thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks guys. I updated it to 1.08 and then 1.09, and it is now working! Much appreciated guys!

12. Riflehero macrumors newbie

Patch 1.06 to 1.08

Hey guys, Thank you for starting this thread first of all but i encountered a minor problem as where to find the 1.08 patch. The link in the thread is only for 1.09, can anyone link me to the 1.08 as i cannot find a mac version at all?

All help is appreciated, thank you!

13. Riflehero, May 17, 2014
    Last edited: May 17, 2014

Riflehero macrumors newbie

14. pb5172 macrumors newbie

15. Jarrydlm macrumors newbie

1.08 not working

My 1.08 patch doesnt seem to be working - anyone able to explain to me how to load it, get it to work properly?

16. lyleberman macrumors member

lyleberman

Same problem. I need the 1.08 patch. Anyone have it?

17. fotmasta macrumors newbie

fotmasta

If you look at the logs in the Console app, you'll see the error with the 1.0.8 patch. There's a missing dylib.
    If you put that in place it solves that problem, but then you run into a bunch of new errors.

I guess there's no 1.0.7 patch.