Dog ate carpet

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by nickarmadillo, Jan 25, 2010.

1. nickarmadillo macrumors regular

So ... I am fostering a dog from the Humane Society for a couple weeks and I came home to find him out of his cage, tearing at the carpet with his paws. He was locked in a back bedroom, so the damage in in a straight line along where the bottom of the door was (a torn up area about 1/4 - 1/2 inch wide and 6 inches long). It isn't a huge hole, but it noticeable. I live in an apartment, so we don't have any remnants, but we do have the "strings" of carpet that were torn up (not sure what they are called, but they are the individual, now-loose strands of the carpet pile). Would it be a good idea to just get some super glue and carefully glue the strands back down onto the carpet backing? If not, how might I fix this in the least expensive way possible? I've thought about about going to a store, buying a remnant and patching it in, but the carpet is quite old and any new carpet would likely not match.

2. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Doesn't matter as long as the carpet matches the drapes.

3. TRAG macrumors 6502

TRAG

Well played, sir.

4. Gregg2 macrumors 603

We've had carpet repaired professionally. I didn't watch, so can't tell you the "proper" way, but I have repaired rugs using glue. I bet you could find the "how to" somewhere online.

P.S. This dog eats with its paws? ;)
    Stop dropping food on the carpet!
    Keep the dog around for evidence when homework disappears. :D

5. DoNoHarm macrumors 65816

DoNoHarm

use tobasco sauce in the corners and other areas where the dog might chew up the carpet. We only needed to do this once with our dog.