Dog starts car after eating chip

iGav

macrumors G3
Original poster
Mar 9, 2002
Ms Piesley said her dog George had eaten something, and realising it was the chip, he put the dog in the front seat and started the car with the key.
:p :p :p

They will now have to take George [the dog] with them in the car until things take their natural course.
:p :p :p :p :p :p

Rinky dink link

skoker

macrumors 68000
Aug 6, 2005
For those too lazy to go to the BBC:

Dog starts car after eating chip
A breakdown patrol man who came to the rescue of a woman motorist has managed to get her car started using her dog.
Juliette Piesley, 39, had changed the battery in her electronic key fob but was then unable to start her car.

When AA patrolman Kevin Gorman arrived at the scene in Addlestone, Surrey, he found its immobiliser chip was missing.

Ms Piesley said her dog George had eaten something, and realising it was the chip, he put the dog in the front seat and started the car with the key.

Mr Gorman said: "I was glad to get the car started for the member.

"They will now have to take George [the dog] with them in the car until things take their natural course.

"It is the first time that I have had to get a dog to help me to start a car."

L

Lau

This story is bloody brilliant, I saw it yesterday and thought of you, Gav. :D Maybe you could train your dog to swallow all sorts of controls and it would just be a great multi-purpose remote control. :p

®îçhå®?

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2006
that is one cool dog. Imagine if he jumped out of the window whilst the car was moving?? Break down at high speed.

IJ Reilly

macrumors P6
Jul 16, 2002
Palookaville
I'm disappointed. I was expecting the dog to be shoved into the ignition and turned sharply in a clockwise direction.

I was also surprised to find that this event occurred in Surrey. Surely, Berkshire was more likely.