Doh just bought a MBP then signed up here...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Jonnip, Feb 21, 2010.

  1. Jonnip macrumors newbie

    Feb 21, 2010
    Hi There,
    first time mac user, was out in Malaysia and bought a MBP 13" didnt occur to me that an update was imminent.

    now that i am back in the UK do i have any options to return it to a uk apple store? where i got it was an apple store. i am inside my 14 days still. the only problem is i left the packaging there but i could easily get that posted to me.

    any opinions on if i should just keep this and be happy or return it and wait a few weeks? from reading some of the rumours on here people are estimating from 2 weeks to a few months!

  2. Puqq macrumors regular

    Oct 18, 2009
    The update is likely to increase the computing power (CPU) and provide faster graphics. If you are satisfied with your CPU and GPU, just don't bother.

    People here have been speculating that the update will be "next Tuesday" for at least 5 Tuesdays in a row. Nobody knows for sure...
  3. Jonnip thread starter macrumors newbie

    Feb 21, 2010
    what is the estimated price hike? i think i will just stay on with this one as i am happy with it. then in a few months if i am still happy with it ill get another one and give this to the wife.
  4. .agency macrumors newbie

    Feb 10, 2010
    There is no expected increase in price. If there is one it should be slight (~$100 US).
  5. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

    Oct 24, 2007
    The next upgrade is going to be pretty outrageous. ;) Jk. Honestly it's a toss up. Everyone banked on the first (second?) tuesday of feb based on historics, but now that that hasn't worked out it's really anyones game, just like the cinema displays.

    There won't be a price increase. Not this soon after a price drop.
  6. Jonnip thread starter macrumors newbie

    Feb 21, 2010
    haha i think i will just take it as a lesson learned - next time do my research :)
  7. CTMoore macrumors member


    Jul 4, 2008
    San Tan Valley, AZ

    I just bought a 13 inch model yesterday, I need it for work and honestly I couldn't wait. If they update the model, I'll exchange. Otherwise this is a gorgeous laptop. I have never worked with a laptop with this high of build quality. If I want to run any games, YouTube has shown me what this little guy is capable of. :)
  8. koruki macrumors 65816


    Aug 16, 2009
    New Zealand
    I been on this forum for a whlie now and known about the updates soon that everyone been *talking* about. Couldnt stand waiting and ordered one just like you except I knew of all the rumors of the new one coming out. But if you need one you need one.
  9. rgarjr macrumors 603


    Apr 2, 2009
    Southern California
    Why are they anticipating them being updated on Tues?
  10. redsxtreme macrumors newbie

    Feb 22, 2010
    Because in the past that's when they usually release the updates.
  11. GLDFSH macrumors newbie

    Feb 15, 2010
    When was there a price drop? Was it for low end models? Sorry, I'm new to this game.....I just had a laptop stolen and I'm considering mac for the first time. From what I understood, the prices you'd pay today are the same as in June 2009-when the last update dropped, no?

Share This Page