Doing a clean install - how to restore only a few apps?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Iamgort, Sep 18, 2014.

1. Iamgort macrumors regular

Can anybody give me instructions or a link that explains how to restore only some settings to an iPhone from a previous backup?

I am going to go with a fresh install on my new 6+ but I would like to restore 1-2 apps rather than have to go through a new setup if possible.

2. mikethebigo macrumors 68000

It's one or the other. And believe me, you will have a LOT less issues if you start fresh.

Set it up as a new iPhone, and then just go to the App Store, open up the list of your previous purchases, and just redownload the ones that you want to use.

3. Iamgort thread starter macrumors regular

From what I understood, I could do an unencrypted backup and thensomehow extract a folder here and there to put back on the phone using an app so I could restore some apps that didn't have settings stored in icloud so I wouldn't lose things entirely.

4. bushido Suspended

bushido

probably too late but i used "DiscAid" to only backup certain apps / games and their settings and game scores. u just install them via drag and drop after a clean install and all the data of those apps will be back and the rest of the phone will be fresh and new :)