iPhone Doing a "selective" backup

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by bisk, Dec 7, 2010.

1. bisk macrumors newbie

I have a Jailbroken iPhone 4 at 4.2.1 and I had my device in my work's pilot for Good and they pushed a policy down to my phone that seems be causing an issue with it. When I go to Settings -> General to have a look at the policy the app just crashes and returns to the main menu. I would like to be able to backup my Game Saves, SMS messages and pictures. Everything else I can setup again. Is there a way that I can do a backup of just those things or do I have to restore my iPhone to it's default settings?

2. bisk thread starter macrumors newbie

WOW! That was fast. I'm going to give that a try.

3. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Make sure you copy the TimeCapsule (Chronus uses this name) directory to your computer, so you can put it back on your phone after you restore. Then just install Chronus and restore the app settings (and SMS/pics) from there.

4. bisk thread starter macrumors newbie

Chronus doesn't seem to like 4.2.1. Once I install it and allow Cydia to do the reboot my phone just sits at the Apple logo :( Anyone else had this issue?

5. bisk thread starter macrumors newbie

Any recent Apps for 5.1 that I can use on my iPhone 4S to backup my photos and SMS messages? I'd like to create a new clean phone, but I'd like to keep my pictures and SMS messages.