Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

oftheheavens

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 9, 2008
cherry point
In my narration for my MBA project I say the line "Based on the revenue of the top 4 international computer manufacturers; Hewlett-Packard, Acer, Dell and Lenovo....." and by the time I say lenovo siri is butting in to my recording haha!

Narrowed it down to the word Acer. No matter how clear or slow I try to say A-CER siri tries to butt in.

Not really an important thread but thought it was kinda funny since it is another computer company.

oftheheavens

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 9, 2008
cherry point
No mater how I say Acer, Siri does not awake for me. Got to be the way you say it.

making fun of my talk!??!? just kidding. I assumed it didn't do it to everyone but man, no matter how I say it I can't get her to shut up. I had to throw my phone across the room onto the couch to finish the slide lol (didn't feel like turning it off in setting for 45 seconds worth of work).

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
making fun of my talk!??!? just kidding. I assumed it didn't do it to everyone but man, no matter how I say it I can't get her to shut up. I had to throw my phone across the room onto the couch to finish the slide lol (didn't feel like turning it off in setting for 45 seconds worth of work).

Hope it does not happen often. I have had Siri wake up when someone said Hey Siri on TV and my Echo woke when someone on TV said Alexa. They are going to have to do some regulating or I can see the advertisers taking advantage.

oftheheavens

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 9, 2008
cherry point
Reactions: Newtons Apple

AlliFlowers

macrumors 601
Jan 1, 2011
L.A. (Lower Alabama)
Siri constantly butts into my conversations. Sometimes it tries to look up things I'm saying, other times it just starts taking dictation.

Since I have my Alexa set to wake only on "Echo," the commercials never bother it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.