Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jsmith189

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 12, 2014
Am I the only one that feels like there are just too many places and ways to store your images?

We had the camera roll which changed to recently added which isn't REALLY a camera roll (even though that's reverting back in 8.1) which separates itself into folders, then we have all the shared images, then we have moments/collections which is my photo stream (which doesn't show all of my photos) and then iCloud Photo Library (which has photos that SHOULD be in my photo stream but aren't) and so on and so forth. It's all just a bit confusing at this point. Can't we just have one "camera roll" folder for photos taken and stored locally and one "iCloud" folder for everything else? Is that kind of what we're getting to but we're in the awkward, ugly middle child phase?

Sorry, just had to have a mini-rant.

Dan70

macrumors regular
Aug 4, 2014
England
Well regardless of where they are, they're all located inside one app; Photos. I know what you're saying and I can't wait to have Camera Roll back, but I just stay in the Recently Added/Camera Roll folder and rarely go to Moments/Collections section of the app. Too complicated.

jsmith189

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 12, 2014
Well regardless of where they are, they're all located inside one app; Photos. I know what you're saying and I can't wait to have Camera Roll back, but I just stay in the Recently Added/Camera Roll folder and rarely go to Moments/Collections section of the app. Too complicated.

I guess the problem with that is with the beta testing etc I've been doing, I always do a clean wipe. So my camera roll is never really that full at any given time. I'm definitely glad it's coming back though, because now it's over I should be able to keep this phone for a while.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.