DOJ is poised to sue Apple over ebook-pricing.

Discussion in 'iPad' started by bobenhaus, Apr 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thetruth1985 macrumors 6502

This link has me crying and I can't stop. Why can't they leave Apple alone? They are just jealous because Apple has more money than them.

2. whtrbt7 macrumors 6502a

Agency pricing model I think works well. Apple is only the provider. While it does mean that the publishing companies can collude on price, I don't think Apple really has anything to do with this natural behavior. If the DOJ is going after anyone, they should go after the publishing companies. Oh and I don't have any love for the publishers out there except for the few that Apple really got great cooperation out of. I think they are resistant to tech since it potentially negates their analog paper. They really need to open up to electronic media and pricing for volume markets. Then again, I also believe that all forms of information should be free :D.

3. Zimmy68 macrumors 65816

Zimmy68

Natural behavior. That is funny.
    Read the Jobs book. Apple knew what they were doing and they needed to in order to compete with Amazon.
    It worked. Good for them.
    Now it is time to get back to reality.
    The DOJ is not messing around. They know what they are doing.
    I hope they hit the publishers and Apple with everything they can.
    E-books shouldn't cost more then the hardcover versions and thanks to Jobs and his back room deal, that is exactly what happened.

4. Eddie Bombay macrumors 6502

Holy ish I just had a flashback LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHmvkRoEowc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I call this karma for Apple suing the heck outta Samsung.

Wish everyone could just stop with the suing already though.

5. applesith macrumors 68030

applesith

Aren't there other more important things the government should be concerned with?

6. TC25 macrumors 68020

If DOJ wasn't doing suing Apple they could focus on The New Black Panthers intimidating voters in Phila. Oh, that's right, they decided that wasn't a problem but eBooks are. Yeah, DOJ knows what they are doing. :rolleyes:

7. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I totally agree with you here. The pricing is what keeps me off of iBooks.

8. reaborg macrumors member

Protecting consumer is what the gov't should be doing. Would be nice to start buying eBooks that are comparable to paperback pricing and not hardcovers. Amazon used to be awesome for ebooks back in the days before this operating model was established. Apple probably knows that this is the only way they can compete with someone like Amazon. Amazon is already undercutting Apple on most mp3 albums.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.