Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

canhaz

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 17, 2012
tvOS12 meant to be launching today. Anyone tried it out on Netflix or iTunes or whatever?

mikeb13

macrumors regular
Jun 19, 2009
Been watching Netflix and iTunes movies. Atmos sounds very good in Netflix. I am currently watching Iron Fist season 2 in Atmos and really like it. Movies in iTunes that actually have Atmos sound pretty good. Some movies are marked as having Atmos but don't play it yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: canhaz

Donfor39

macrumors 68000
Jul 26, 2012
Lanarkshire Scotland
Don't have Atmos only dd/dd+
Not re subscribing to Netflix until next Star Trek disovery tv series launches.
Just realised makes my reply via OP's post kind off useless, silly me.
Have seen a few Atmos tags via sky sports recently.

discobrisco

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2018
Been watching Netflix and iTunes movies. Atmos sounds very good in Netflix. I am currently watching Iron Fist season 2 in Atmos and really like it. Movies in iTunes that actually have Atmos sound pretty good. Some movies are marked as having Atmos but don't play it yet.

Which itunes movies have you watched that actually play with Dolby Atmos??

mikeb13

macrumors regular
Jun 19, 2009
Blade Runner 2049, The Greatest Showman, Hacksaw Ridge, Gravity, Into the Storm

Jumpie

macrumors 68020
Jul 7, 2008
Atlanta
Blade Runner 2049, The Greatest Showman, Hacksaw Ridge, Gravity, Into the Storm

I'm guessing not all the movies have been updated yet. Jumanji, MiB, Red, etc., display Atmos but they aren't playing yet. Only the meta tags have been updated.

Reactions: Lax608

BODYBUILDERPAUL

Suspended
Feb 9, 2009
Barcelona
I was expecting the iTunes Store to have a big banner / promotion section advertising films with 'Immersive Dolby Atmos sound' but no mention on the iTunes store. Very strange!

Lax608

macrumors member
Jun 8, 2015
I own “The Shallows” which is labeled as having Atmos but does not play in atmos. Some other movies I own are in the same boat. Not sure what that’s all about.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.