domain appraisal

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by chris200x9, Oct 16, 2008.

1. chris200x9 macrumors 6502a

Hi, I've acquired 2 domains, one of which is the name of the website in my sig (shameless plug) anyway I was wondering where I can get free halfway accurate domain appraisal?

2. SrWebDeveloper macrumors 68000

SrWebDeveloper

http://www.sedo.com/appraisal.php3?language=us

Strongly suggested, 3 day response, not too expensive, they use a scientific approach and including a comparison sales listing. Spend the $49.00 for the premium package, I do not recommend free appraisal services as, simply, they do not offer the resources necessary to give you a report that is both truthful and helpful. I'll leave it to others to post "free" alternatives, but don't be like my dad who buys the cheapest toilet paper in bulk. He may be happy, the rest of the family isn't as much. Know what I mean? This is a case where value matters most since you're buying information, not a widget.

-jim

3. chris200x9 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I took a look they look good but considering I'm not selling them or anything I really don't want to spend money. It also doesn't have to be terribly accurate.

4. anubis macrumors 6502a

Err... what's the point of getting a domain appraisal if you're not planning on selling the domain? :confused:

5. ChicoWeb macrumors 65816

ChicoWeb

I would say it's worth about 15-25 bucks. Since it was create a few days ago, and has no traffic, I'm guessing you can probably get what you paid for it.

6. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

7. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

8. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

ROTF. My low traffic personal site is valued at $50 and high traffic site is valued at $0!!!

9. definitive macrumors 68000

definitive

domain price estimation websites are inaccurate. domain appraisal depends on many things such as the name itself, how much (and what kind) content the site contains, its ranking on search engines, and daily traffic. you can have a website with a really weird domain name, but if it has many articles, ranks high on google, and gets many page views daily (especially unique), then it can be worth a lot compared to an easier to remember domain name which gets no traffic and is hardly seen by search engines.