Domain Login while out of Network

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by bharathvn, Oct 18, 2011.

1. bharathvn macrumors newbie

Hello,

Thanks for great contribution to this forum.

Am a newbie to this forum and new to MAC OS

i have a question, is that possible to login Domain while out of network?

Regards,
    Bharathvn

2. Detrius macrumors 68000

Yes, but the users have to be set up on the server to allow this. On OS X Server, it has to allow remote users, which ultimately means that the user information is copied onto the machine, including a copy of the home directory. Then, whenever anything is changed, the home directory syncs back up with the server. I don't know for certain whether it's possible with a Windows Server or how it would be done if it's possible.

This isn't remotely a MacBook Pro question. You'd likely get a better answer over in the server forum:

http://forums.macrumors.com/forumdisplay.php?f=123

3. bharathvn thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks Detrius for your reply.

My current AD environment is mixed with Microsoft 2k3 and 2k8. i don't have any OS X Servers connect and my MBP is joined to Microsoft AD. Is there anything i need to do on my Microsoft AD?

Btw currently when i unplug my MBP from network, am unable to login. i see a red light on username tab.

Regards
    Bharathvn :)

4. bharathvn thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi,

I got it worked by enabling " Create Mobile account at login" which helped me to solve issue.

Thank you,
    Bharathvn

5. Detrius macrumors 68000

There you go. I believe it automatically syncs on login/logout, and I believe that at least back in the 10.3 days (last time I did this), there was an option to sync manually while you're logged in.