Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BluKazoo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 12, 2012
Hey all I don't know if this post is supposed to go here, but here I go. I currently own the domain name aperture3.com do you think it is worth anything and if it is around how much would it go for? Also how would I go selling this domain, should I contact apple and tell them that I am going to sell it and that they could bid? Thanks! What part if the forum should this post be in?

Last edited:

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Hey all I don't know if this post is supposed to go here, but here I go. I currently own the domain name aperture3.com do you think it is worth anything and if it is around how much would it go for? Also how would I go selling this domain, should I contact apple and tell them that I am going to sell it and that they could bid? Thanks! What part if the forum should this post be in?
You likely won't get very far. Cybersquatting is illegal.

MimiHome

macrumors newbie
Jun 8, 2012
Is cybersquatting different than purchasing domain names to resell them? I am curious. I know the laws may be different in various places. I am referring to in the United States.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Is cybersquatting different than purchasing domain names to resell them? I am curious. I know the laws may be different in various places. I am referring to in the United States.
Did you read the link I posted?
Cybersquatting (also known as domain squatting), according to the United States federal law known as the Anticybersquatting Consumer Protection Act, is registering, trafficking in, or using a domain name with bad faith intent to profit from the goodwill of a trademark belonging to someone else.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.