domain name scam?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by oldschool, Jan 13, 2009.

1. oldschool macrumors 65816

oldschool

Is this a scam? I own the domain www.moccia.ca, and received this email today regarding my domain:

Dear CEO,
    We are the department of registration service in China. we have something need to confirm with you. We formally received an application on January 12, 2009, One company which self-styled "Depirtment Inc" are applying to register "moccia" as internet brand and domain names as below :
    moccia.asia
    moccia.com.hk
    moccia.com.tw
    moccia.hk
    moccia.net.cn
    moccia.org.cn
    moccia.tw
    After our initial examination, we found that the internet brand applied for registration are as same as your company's name and trademark.These days we are dealing with it, hope to get the affirmation from your company. If your company has not authorized the aforesaid company to register these, Please contact us as soon as possible.
    In addition, we hereby affirm that our time limit for dissent application is ten days. If your company files no dissent within the time limit, we will unconditionally approve the application submitted by "Depirtment Inc".

Best Regards,
    Bink Deng
    Senior consultant
    ( Tel: +86-21-5271-5980 ( Fax: +86-21-5271-5978
    Postal Code?200063
    Address?11/F, Building A, Oasis Plaza, 137 Bailan Road, Putuo District, Shanghai, China

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

3. oldschool thread starter macrumors 65816

oldschool

wow. fast reply. thank you very much

4. NewMacGirl macrumors regular

I have a website and had several of these.

Ignore them. It is a total scam.

5. EV0LUTION macrumors 6502

EV0LUTION