Domain nameservers help

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by Zanthus, Dec 19, 2010.

1. Zanthus macrumors member

Hey

I have a hosting account with just host and purchased a domain from another company and didn't realise you had to wait 60 days to be able to transfer it across. At the moment i'm using a frame to forward the site to my yet make it look likes its not being forwarded. I have cpanel on my hosting site and was looking at add on sites someone has suggested changing the domain name servers on my domain name and then this should work. Could someone please explain the process as I'm not quite sure how it works ? and it would work like a individually hosted site with no forwarding and would keep its domain ?

Sorry if thats a bit confusing !

2. Zanthus thread starter macrumors member

I dont have any hosting with the company I brought the domain off , so wouldn't really know how to implement this. Wouldn't that also show my domain name wth he /site instead of the domain name I want to use ?

3. SDub90 macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Go to the control panel for the domain name, change the nameserverd for the domain to the nameservers just host provides. Log into your cPanel and go to parked/add-on domains and type in the domain name you want to use for your site.

4. Zanthus thread starter macrumors member

I know how to change the nameservers but how does just host then know that the domain is mine ?

5. dmmcintyre3 macrumors 68020

Is there a "Addon Domains" function on justhost's cPanel? If so, change your domain to their nameservers and then add it with that.

6. Padaung macrumors 6502

Padaung

Follow this as it has the instructions you need.

Log in with the company who you registered your domain name with - somewhere in their control panel will be the option for administering the DNS settings for your domain name. Once there and input the settings on the JustHost help page.

It says to allow 1-2 days for the changes to take effect, but I typically find it takes about 4-6 hours.