Domain: pendingdelete (5 days = when?)

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by Sdashiki, Apr 22, 2010.

1. Sdashiki macrumors 68040

Sdashiki

So there is a domain I want to register, but its taken...though my fortunate luck has it that it is in "pending delete" since April 17th.

Pendingdelete, by my understanding, means it can be registered by me after 5 days from this day.

Now, this would make today, the 22nd, the 5th day.

So is it midnight on the 23rd (and which timezone?!) that its available? Or just some arbitrary time today?

2. Darth.Titan macrumors 68030

Darth.Titan

Unfortunately it's not that simple. You have no way of knowing whether one or more people don't already have this domain backordered.

Here's a very informative article I read once on this subject.

3. Sdashiki thread starter macrumors 68040

Sdashiki

There isnt even a parking site up on the domain...

which is odd because 9/10 when I do a domain search on something without even one of those keyword driven bullcraps...the domain is free.

this one isnt.

but there is no indication that anyone would want this. i was truly surprised it was taken in the first place. and though im not much of a destiny kind of guy, the fact my free server went down "for the last time dammit", just the other day and when I began looking for a new domain, this particular domain was in pendingdelete.

what are the odds!?

I did read a blog post about someone who parks for profit and it was 2pm EST on the 5th day...but the way it was written it could be the 6th day...

4. Darth.Titan macrumors 68030

Darth.Titan

At any rate I wish you luck. If it was me I would probably check the domain's availability regularly until I had it in my grubby mitts.

5. Sdashiki thread starter macrumors 68040

Sdashiki

Oh, trust me. I am. Today and tomorrow...whois will be hammered.

I cant think of a better domain name for my site and me.

Something else would work (like a .net derivative) but not ideal.