Domain required on userid external site LDAP authentication

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by keith.plummer, Jul 29, 2012.

1. keith.plummer macrumors newbie

If I'm in the wrong place I apologize. I'm using openldap on a Mac Mini running Snow Leopard Server. I have a couple users that for some reason have to put the domain name at the end of their userid to access FTP sites on my network. The FTP site is using LDAP to authenticate the users. I enter the hostname for the FTP site in the host name field, then the username@LDAP domain.name in the userid field, then finally the password in the password field. When I enter the information as such, they are able to log in. If I don't add the LDAP domain name at the end of the userid field I get login incorrect.

It doesn't matter if I'm behind the firewall or outside of it. When I connect to my Wi-Fi network using RADIUS I don't need the LDAP domain.name.

I've compared all the information I can display in the Work Group and Server Admin against a user that works and I can't seem to see any differences. I've also tried Googleing the issue and I haven't found anything there either.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

2. keith.plummer thread starter macrumors newbie

Defunct user in LDAP

Could it be that there is a username that got left over and I can't see it in the UI? Maybe the user was created at one time, then deleted and added again, but it didn't clean up the old user very well.

Is there a way I can see what all exists in the LDAP database?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.