Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mbpnewbie

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 5, 2009
Heard screams of help earlier tonight and at first dismissed them as foxes, but they kept repeating eventually turning from waaaaaahhh to haaaaaalp. Was on skype with a friend, this is the timeline:
Josh
22:04
I think someone just got abducted/killed somewhere near where I live... I heard help yelled repeatedly
22:04

and then it stopped

Ashley
22:05
did u call the police

Josh
my neighbors are outside....

you kidding? me call thee police?

hah

somebody will take car of it...

Ashley
wow wut a good citizen u r

Josh
22:06
wut a high citizen i am

Ashley
wow

Josh
uh hi, i think someone just got kidnapped, but i'm high so i dont know
22:07

besides, I have no exact location... what a help I am...

Ashley
22:08
yup

Josh
22:10
oh well, I shall read in the news if it was anything significant
22:11

wI think someone called the cops... I heard the end of the convo
22:13

I thought it was a fox or something at first, but it's too early for them to be out...
22:13

the sirens and chopper can be heard in the distance
22:20

cops just rolled by
22:27

ambulance just rolled up
22:34

someone just got arrested... domestic violence it looks like..

-----------------------------

I was surprised how quickly this was handled.. I had no idea this was happening right across the street! Just goes to show domestic violence happens everywhere

quagmire

macrumors 604
Apr 19, 2004
Oh jeez..... This reminds me of the murder of a woman back in the 60's I believe that kept on crying for help and no one helped or did anything because they all assumed someone would call the police so they didn't do anything themselves. I am glad this wasn't the case this time.

What are the police going to do to you if you called it in when someone already did? Arrest you? No, all they will do is say someone already reported it and say thank you though for your aid.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.