Dominate: New domino-based puzzle game.

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by ctalibard, Apr 9, 2009.

1. ctalibard macrumors newbie

Dominate is a logic puzzle that uses a standard 'double six' set of dominoes. The puzzle board represents all of the 28 dominoes from 0:0 to 6:6 placed next to each other in an 8 by 7 grid. The problem is, you can't see which squares join to which others to form the dominoes.

Your task is to applying logic to determine a layout for the entire board such that each domino is used only once.

Find out more...

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. firestarter macrumors 603

firestarter

I downloaded this a couple of days ago. It's a cool puzzle and really polished.

Very addictive! :)

3. shigzeo macrumors 6502a

shigzeo

while i love dominoes, i am such a horrid puzzle player - what to do, what to do?

4. Galley macrumors 65816

Galley

Great idea for a game, but my brain hurts just thinking about it!

5. ctalibard thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks. Can't claim credit for the original idea, my father taught it to me as a paper-based puzzle where you draw lines around the dominoes. Then later he created a BBC BASIC version for the Acorn Archimedes. He taught me to program too, so I have a lot to thank him for.

In my defence, It's not actually that difficult once you get started, and the tutorial should help you get a good understanding of the game. But then, I would say that :)