Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

combatcolin

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 24, 2004
Northants, UK
Hello all,

I have a original Bondi Blue imac that i really don't need any more and was interested in donating it to charity.

Is there such a charity in the UK?, its slow and basic by today's standards but suitable for a developing nation etc.

Loads of MacFormat issues and cover discs (2 years+) AND still in its original box.

64MB Memory and 4MB Video RAM upgrade from standard too.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Honestly I'd just give it to me. :)
But in all anti-sillyness; you should stick up adverts for it in local shops or something. I don't think there's any way you can ensure it goes to a needy home. Maybe just ask around if anyone you know, or a friend of a friend of a friend is needing a computer?

mooblie

macrumors 6502
Apr 23, 2009
The Highlands, Scotland
Try FreeCycle in your area - not necessarily going to a charity, but at least being re-used....

(I guess shipping costs on that thing will kill most chances for re-use, beyond local collection - hence FreeCycle.)

combatcolin

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 24, 2004
Northants, UK
Its really getting on a bit now, web wise its very slow, in good condition however with all the bits.

Wanted to give it a new home in Africa, much cheaper to run power wise than a comparable Pentium PC.

Really can't be arsed with bloody eBay, way too much sodding hassle.

If anyone knows of any other charitys that could take it i would be very grateful.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.