Donating iMac in the UK

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by combatcolin, Sep 19, 2009.

1. combatcolin macrumors 68020

combatcolin

Hello all,

I have a original Bondi Blue imac that i really don't need any more and was interested in donating it to charity.

Is there such a charity in the UK?, its slow and basic by today's standards but suitable for a developing nation etc.

Loads of MacFormat issues and cover discs (2 years+) AND still in its original box.

64MB Memory and 4MB Video RAM upgrade from standard too.

2. Rhalliwell1 macrumors 6502a

3. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Honestly I'd just give it to me. :)
    But in all anti-sillyness; you should stick up adverts for it in local shops or something. I don't think there's any way you can ensure it goes to a needy home. Maybe just ask around if anyone you know, or a friend of a friend of a friend is needing a computer?

4. mooblie macrumors 6502

mooblie

Try FreeCycle in your area - not necessarily going to a charity, but at least being re-used....

(I guess shipping costs on that thing will kill most chances for re-use, beyond local collection - hence FreeCycle.)

5. Grolubao macrumors 65816

Grolubao

Ebay! Believe it or not, you'll make some money out of it

6. combatcolin thread starter macrumors 68020

combatcolin

Its really getting on a bit now, web wise its very slow, in good condition however with all the bits.

Wanted to give it a new home in Africa, much cheaper to run power wise than a comparable Pentium PC.

Really can't be arsed with bloody eBay, way too much sodding hassle.

If anyone knows of any other charitys that could take it i would be very grateful.