Donation/Contribution via bitcoin ?

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by ChristianJapan, Jul 9, 2014.

1. ChristianJapan macrumors 601

ChristianJapan

I dislike Paypal. Now thats the only option to contribute financially to MR. Please, could you consider to enable crypto currencies as payment method ?

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I think the way the system is set up, paypal is integrated into the automated process so, I don't think its feasible at the moment. Here's what Q stated about paypal in a prior SFF request.

3. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

I don't think enough people subscribe to MacRumors to make it difficult to manually change their status but also I don't think enough people subscribe to MacRumors and use Bitcoin to make it worth implementing. You can send me $25 USD in BTC if you like though... :) I'll mention you in 5 of my posts as a bonus!

4. ChristianJapan thread starter macrumors 601

ChristianJapan

But at least SP would mention me 5 times ... Hopefully positively :rolleyes:
    Need first to make some BTC anyway ... My alt-coins are not yet enough or the x-rate is bad.

Maybe paypal instead (again) :mad:

5. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

I just slowly buy a set dollar amount of BTC every so often and treat it like a stock. Never investing more than I'm okay with losing.

6. ChristianJapan thread starter macrumors 601

ChristianJapan

Ok ok, again paypal. This year I tried it different with a prepaid Visa card from a convenience store. Added that to my account though. But limited value.

But at least peace for another year ... :)