Done something stupid

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Japtastic, Jan 28, 2014.

1. Japtastic macrumors newbie

I removed my IMAP account from Outlook 2011 and all my folders and emails have disappeared. I tried going back in to the old identity and the folders are there but the emails aren't. The IMAP server is no longer so I can't get in to it that way :(

Are they stored any where else or have I lost them for good?

No time machine backup. (I know, what a ****!)

2. GSPice macrumors 68000

GSPice

If the IMAP server "is no longer" how were your emails syncing before? Were they even syncing? :confused: Hopefully an IMAP and Outlook expert will chime in; I would've thought that if your email was deleted by removing an IMAP account, then your email was syncing only with the IMAP server, without saving a local copy (which I would think would require another prompt, i.e., "delete local mail?" when you removed the IMAP account).

3. Japtastic thread starter macrumors newbie

I just don't know :eek:

I'm hoping they are somewhere as there is some important stuff in there that would be a pain in the ass to loose. I have found a 'Database' file that is around 1GB but this may make up all the other folders and not the IMAP one's...

4. simonsi macrumors 601

simonsi

When did you last actually see the emails there? If the imap server disappeared some time ago did the emails get archived locally due to age?